News Release: September 12, 2022 Grand Opening celebration at the South Canoe Trail Network The Shuswap, Secwépemc Nation Territory,...
Our thanks to everyone who helped make the Routes and Blues Outreach Interpretive Hikes such a great success this month –
- to Hugo and all our friends at the Roots and Blues for driving the vision for the 8 day program of concerts, community meals, interpretive walks, and local experiences prior to the annual Roots and Blues weekend festival;
- to Breda University interns - Brigitte and Yvonne (and Ivo) - for flying halfway around the globe to stitch the whole Routes experience together;
- to our partners at BC Parks, Shuswap Tourism, Adams River Salmon Society, CSRD Parks, and the Salmon Arm Bay Nature Enhancement Society who helped to make the interpretive walks so memorable;
- to our guides – Splatsin Councillor Randy Williams, Switzmalph interpreter Louis Thomas, Switzmalph storyteller Kenthen Thomas, archeologist Celia Nord, historian and forester George Zorn, and naturalist Trish Wallensteen who brought the stories of the land to life for us;
- to Gary and Tom and the whole SABNES team who revealled the wonders of the Salmon Arm Bay to us;
- to our SABNES Bay prize sponsors – Dakshina Studios, Massey Cabinetry, the Shuswap Pie Company, Shuswap Tourism, and Tim Hortons who joined the Shuswap Trail Alliance in support of the SABNES self-guided nature walk;
- to our volunteer trail hosts – Joan, Kenneth, Sarah, Bruce, Lori, Chris, and Margaret who carried us all along the path;
- to our photographer Ben and videographer Zack who offered their art and technical knowledge to help us share the experience with others;
- and to our intrepid coordinator – Carmen Massey, who tirelessly tied the whole thing together with such care – thank you!